Embed Method 1
Easiest but less control.
- Find your video on YouTube and copy its URL directly from the browser’s address bar.
- In WordPress backend press “Add Media” button above editor toolbar.
- The Media window pops up. Pick “Insert from URL” on left at bottom.
- Paste your YouTube URL into the top field (just says “http://” by default).
- YouTube video might start to preview below where the “Link Text” field is but you don’t have to wait to see it.
- Press “Insert Into Page”
Embed Method 2
More work but you can control the size and a few other options.
- Go to your video on YouTube.
- Click small “Share” button in the info box underneath it at the bottom left.
- Share box opens. Press “Embed” at the top of it.
- Press “SHOW MORE” if you can only see a URL in a field.
- Pick your size by choosing “Custom Size” on the “Video size” dropdown. Width should be about 600px for this site – the height will work itself out).
- Pick any other options you need.
- The URL at the top of this box will have been changing itself as you have been making your choices. Once ready, select it and copy it.
- In the WordPress backend edit your page’s HTML (“Text” tab on top right of editor) and paste this URL in where you want the video to be.
Demo of smaller size: